Saturday 26 November 2011

Professional Artefact...

It has taken me quite sometime to come up with an idea for a professional Artefact. I wanted to complete my research and analyse the data in order to identify where an artefact would be of benefit to my inquiry and community of practice thus unifying the research project as a whole piece of work. After Adesola's session on the artefact, I felt the need for the critical review and the professional artefact to work together and to compliment one another.
One of my main findings in the research project was that there is no clear functioning creative curriculum policy in place in the school. My initial thought was to write a policy (although that seems far beyond my capacity!). During a 'phone tutorial' with Alan, he suggested writing a rational for the creative curriculum policy. This also gives scope for it to be used to implement a policy in other schools. 
I have started to research policy writing and look at other schools creative curriculum policies..
Does anyone know anything about policy writing? Or ever written a rational for a policy?

3 comments:

  1. Joanna - I think a rationale for a creative curriculum policy makes a lot of sense and the school will be able to use your input to enable writing the policy. This sounds beneficial to both yourself and your community of practice - looking for solutions to sustaining creative practice in schools after policy changes (e.g. when funding stops) is a way of looking for solutions. I googled this link http://www.creativityportal.org.uk/creativity-articles-links.php which looks interesting and might inform your artefact - I know you will mainly be suing the inquiry information you have gathered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paula

    I will check out the link. I'm quite excited to begin writing the rationale and agree that it will be of benefit to my community of practice.
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea Joanna, I am interested in you findings as I too work in a school. This link should be useful to you. Good luck http://atschool.eduweb.co.uk/wickham/policies/curric.html

    Thanks Paula that link is also beneficial to me as when reviewing JD's for arts managers, policy writing re occurred.

    ReplyDelete