Wednesday 30 March 2011

Developing questions...

I decided that the line of inquiry I was following was too broad and unmanageable.
At first I was intrigued by the way in which children learn, focussing on the theories of Howard Gardner (multiple intelligences), Vygotsky and Montessori schools. I had observed that some of the children in my class who were labelled as 'low ability' or 'below age related' learners actually excelled in other areas. I had wanted to explore how the use of dance and drama in the core subjects of literacy and numeracy could build confidence and enhance learning, by first identifying HOW a child learns (their unique intelligence), could we possibly tailor our teaching to get the best out of them as learners.
Alan directed me to Sir Ken Robinson's report  'Creativity, Culture and Education'. After reading this many other questions have been raised about the creative curriculum in the school in which I work.
Are we aware of the need for creativity within the curriculum?
How do teachers view creativity?
Is there creative teaching happening within our school?
How consistent is this practice amongst the staff?
Are we just teaching creatively or teaching for creativity within children?
How is creative development monitored and assessed?
What are the affects of creative teaching and learning on the development of the childrein our school?
There are a lot of questions arising! Maybe too many for one inquiry. Is anyone follow similar lines of inquiry or have any advice on how to hone in my question.

No comments:

Post a Comment