Monday 24 October 2011

Professional Artefact

During the second campus session  Adesola talked about the professional Artefact. Here I blog about 3 things that stood out to me;

Significance of the Artefact:The Professional Artefact is equally important as the critical review. It's a different expression of the key findings from our research project. The critical review is the academic where as the professional Artefact should be accessible to those in your industry. It could be aimed at children, parents, management or teachers.

Not leaving it to the last minute:Although we identified that the professional Artefact cannot be finally decided on until we have analysed our data and gathered thoughts about this, it should not be left until the last minute. I have been bouncing ideas around for my professional Artefact but haven't quite decided on exactly how it will look. I think at this stage that's ok. As long as I continue to think about it. The other really interesting thing that came up is not to let the professional Artefact lead to another question. It should consist of our findings and not pose more questions for research.

Different types of Artefact:Adesola disscussed different types of professional Artefact and showed us some examples.
Jo Gunnel is going to record a song for her Artefact- this is appropriate for her because her project is about singing!
Natalie Less will put together a new showreel from her findings- which will include her old showreel to demonstrate what she has learnt.
However you could use a more traditional documentary style Artefact. Produce a booklet documenting your findings. There are many different ways to approach the Artefact. This has helped me to that there is no 'right' way to do it. It very much depend on our question and our findings.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update from the campus session it was really useful. I haven't decided exactly what I am going to do for my artefact yet but after reading your post it has shown me that there are lots of ways to approach it and adapt it to your inquiry and practice.

    ReplyDelete