Friday 14 October 2011

Final Project- Getting started

This a brief blog about my 'getting started' experience for our final project!
The first thing to do was re read and reassess my inquiry plan.
After some careful consideration and consulting with my advisors I came to the conclusion that my topic, creativity in the curriculum, was far too broad. A lot of the questions I had posed have been asked many times before and some answered. Thus, leaving little room for my own personal discovery.
I needed to find an area of focus. I have since decided to focus on how a teacher perceives creativity ( from there own life experiences) and how this affects their teaching practice. I also wanted to discover how the Ken Robinson's report written on the cultural and creative curriculum has affected teaching practice and where the consistency lies, in the approach to creative teaching, within my school.
This shift in focus meant that I had to review the tools of inquiry I would use to most effectively carry out this research. I decided that I no longer needed to observe teachers but was more concerned with their opinions and experiences. For this reason I have chosen to focus on using semi structured interviews.
I have also revised the interview questions that I had prepared.
In my next blog I will discuss the interview process that I have used.

No comments:

Post a Comment