Monday 4 October 2010

You Tube Video...

This was quite a daunting prospect but once I got started, like most
things was an enjoyable and insightful experience!
The first step was to step up my you tube account and work out how to
 upload a video...using nothing but my phone! The You tube sight
is a great web tool and directs you to a page explaining how to email and upload
videos directly from your phone.. Check out...
www.youtube.com/mobile

Once I could do this I began to experiement with the tools available
on the You Tube account. I began to edit videos and add music and
captions. I had no idea you could do so much!

So now my appetite is whet I began to think about making my 'starting
out on BAPP' 45 second video. This gave me a chance to reflect on how I
felt about the course and what I wanted to achieve whilst solidifying
my thoughts as I made notes and began to structure my video.
I had at first shot myself walking through crowds of people in
Westminster, as that was a reflection of how I felt at first when i started the
course...a little bit lost and intimidated. But has I have completed a few
tasks and got stuck in my thoughts about the course have become more ordered!
So I decided so choose some 'DVD titles' that reflected how I felt to
enhance the video. I added captions and music using the 'edit' option on the You Tube website...
Please feel free to take a look and see what you think...
http://www.youtube.com/user/JoannaAdeyinka?feature=mhum#p/u/0/EupY6GI9gyQ

10 comments:

  1. Well done Joanna! That was a great original presentation! I think you were the first! Think I need to get cracking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I love your video! It is so cleverly done. Also you have inspired me to do mine! I went to the link about how to upload it straight from your phone and that was really helpful. I am going to do it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh now I've got to do mine!!!! I really don't want to. I love the fact that you didn't put yourself in it though, although I thought you'd be the first to show us what an amazing presenter you'd make :) It looks great and I like the way you've included both how you feel and what you want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, really loved your video - so original. I really need to get started on mine now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joanna, I really enjoyed watching your video and thought the way that you put it together was very clever and unique. This gave me the idea that I didn't actually have to be in my own video which was such a relief as I was dreading doing it. I have now uploaded my video which can be view from the link on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Joanna, I really liked it. It was simplistic and the music was so emotive. There is a secret film director within you. Was it an iphone ap/mover maker tool?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very artistic, simple and clever. I really like it. I have to start on mine now and it has inspired me to give it a go. Very good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A unique approach which shows thought and planning. It also shows the quality that can be achieved with relatively simple tools. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,
    I really enjoyed your video, it was done in a very clever way, i have to admit the whole film/youtube thing does freak me out a fair bit as i have never used youtube before in that way,

    I thought you used the time in your film well and got across what you wanted to say in a clear way
    well done
    wish me luck !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joanna wow - your piece has elicited a lot of comments.It took me a moment to see the words - but the fact that they sneak up on you works in the piece. Your career goals are strong and there is that power linked clearly to the aspirations and goals of the course. One thing I asked Nicholas was about the resources he had gathered about his goals... you have shown us some of those. I would like to hear more about what other 'presenters' do. Are there any presenters that exhibit the job role well for your aspirations?

    ReplyDelete